“For God has not given us the spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind,” – 2 Timothy 1:7
While our worship services are canceled at the church, please pray for our community from the safety of your home.
It became official that our Bishop is requesting all IGRC congregations to suspend in-person worship and gatherings through March 31. This decision will be revisited on April 1. Though we cannot gather in person, we’ll remain as a community of faith to share our love.
We’re facing a situation that we never had before. As we are trying to embrace the fear and anxiety among us, let is also try to challenge ourselves to walk in faith knowing that God is with us. .
As your pastor, here are my suggestions;
- Respond to this situation with faith: Knowing God is with us and He is in control.
- Wash your hands: Educate yourself with proper information about COVID-19
- Our church is closely working with the township to build an emergency system, Homer Helpers. With your help, we’ll continue to serve and reach out to our community. If you need any help, please contact our church.
- Our church is the drop off site for food and daily necessities.
- If you know anyone who needs help, please let us know.
- Reach out to your neighbors: Though we’re keeping physical distance, we can still reach out to one another by phone visit or sending messages.
- Keep those who are affected by COVID-19 and families in your prayers.
- Support all the medical professionals, caregivers, fire fighters, policemen, and the leaders who have to make hard decisions. Send them a note or bless them with your kind words.
- Please continue your financial support of the work of the church. With your prayer and support, we will serve and share our love with those who are in need.
As we faithfully seek God’s wisdom and guidance together, this also can be an opportunity to experience God’s presence among us. May a Spirit of Peace be with you all!